WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Feedback on Retail Idea

samdude3samdude3 subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Business Planning
I would just like some feedback on my new Business Oncopeg:Oncopeg is going to be the first Retailer to donate 3% of all Sales Proceeds to the American Cancer Society. I opened Oncopeg because my mother died of cancer about 4 years ago when I was about 15 years old. Soon after, my father was diagnosed with kidney failure and is now on dialysis still awaiting his second kidney transplant. I figured people would rather shop with me than some big-box retailer that takes all of the profits. I am very sincere in my effort to become successful and to help the proper foundations, but I would greatly appreciate any feedback from my fellow entrepreneurs. I am 19 years old and would love to hear from some of the seasoned vets. I decided to start my business young while my bills are low and not many things tying me down. My web address is www.Oncopeg.com. Please give me any feedback what-so-ever (If you think I have nothing and am wasting my time let me know, If there are improvements needed let me know). Thank You so much for all of your help and support. I hope one day I can be as successful as many of you are.
samdude32007-1-26 0:20:50

Comments

• samdude3samdude3 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much. Those are all great ideas and you will see them take effect very soon!
    samdude32007-1-26 8:19:48
  • InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    Great Idea, Excellent Copywriting. The copywriting in your electronic signature and on your site is really first rate, especially if you have no previous copywriting experience. The copywriting immediately conveys the relevance of your product/service. [I think you might have misspelled the word "accessories".]
    With respect to the quality of your idea. Also first rate. I think you might want to fine tune your product offering a bit more, perhaps specialize in a specific product category or type of product.
    You may need to invest - or learn more - about web development and marketing. This kind of idea is perfect for public relations. Mentions in newspapers and television could drive a lot of traffic. Journalists love to do stories on this kind of business initiative.
    I really respect what you are doing. At present my dog is undergoing chemotherapy, and while a dog with cancer certainly does not compare to your mother, it`s tough nonetheless.
  • samdude3samdude3 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank You all So much! This really means a lot to me that you would go out of your way to help me out. I will definetly heed all of your advice because you all are very intelligent and wise. I will try to find as much support from fellow SUN Members to help me succesfully launch my business. I hope one day, I can be as succesfull as many of you are. I will try to keep in contact as much as possible to let you know how I am progressing. I just opened up shop last week so this is very new to me.
    Thanks Again,
    Sam Coon
     samdude32007-1-26 22:57:42
  • katscoolcorner1katscoolcorner1 subscriber Posts: 0
    Samdude3,
    I`m bothered by the word Oncopeg.  What does that word mean?  Why are you using it?  It`s hard to remember.  I can`t relate it to anything?  when I went into the site, it was not displaying.
    kat.
  • vikasintlvikasintl subscriber Posts: 4
    Dear,your site is good particularly you added yahoo group as community is unique idea.But the products you have chosen are so much competitive means there are so many selling these products so no much gain...why dont you think of products which you can get very low prices and sell them at high profit.I am just giving a few suggestions...like essential oils,beads or chips strands used to make jewelery.
  • Steve58Steve58 subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    I also find the name a challenge, and without having seen your site (yet) suggest that as a young entrepreneur you will be able to leverage the charity % status in all PR GREAT human interest angle. SO get yourself on Oprah or Ellen or other shows like that. People will soak up whatever you have, an Oprah endorsement will do wonders. (the other will too, but she is the Queen of it all.)
  • dianadiana subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Sam,
    Your passion will take you places!! i also have a business with heart and have been featured in several publications already. you will get noticed, but they have to know you exist. do you have a marketing company/consultant. if not, i have the name of mine for you. i have launched my venture less than a month ago and Just a Cloud Away has been featured in 5 publications with more on the way.
    Sincerely
    Diana