WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Home Fitness...We Bring Fitness Home To You!

olliepureolliepure subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2007 in Website Critique
I need to know about the views and feedback of my site.  I`m at www.newhomefitness.com.  Please share your comments with me.  I truly know the patent pending concept through NewHomeFitness has been well received.  I just want to expand it to all demographics.Thanks for your input.P.S. I`d be more than happy to make changes with good feedback about how I`ve advertised.

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Home page - It took me a few reads before I "got" it.  The idea of building a room in a new home or in an addition for fitness gear completely escaped me until I went deeper into your site.  If it confused me, it might confuse others.  Maybe you should spend more time selling the concept than the equipment.You also have way too many links to your store.  You can`t shotgun the call to action all over the page and hope that someone clicks through.  I am just curious, why is your store in a different website?I also have a question about your "Showroom Location".  Where are you?  Your "About Us" page says that you are a member of `St. Joseph`s County Chamber of Commerce`,  but do you have any clue how many "St. Joseph" counties there are in the US?  Your location page and your contact us page don`t provide an address.  The location page doesn`t even tell me what state you are in, let alone what city.  You might also want to post your showroom hours.
  • olliepureolliepure subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you firstly for your immediate response.  Secondly, I see that the navigation of my concept through my site should be more simplistic considering it`s a novel concept to all.  I probably need multiple sites considering I have a retail location and also e-commerce, offering more purchasing options for those who already have a home.  I do agree with your opinions though.Thanks. 
    Hey CraigL,I have begun to formulate my concept approach to every demographic and not just by using my website.  This is good!  Great info!Thanks,
    Not E-Z, but I`m the one who holds his hand up to answer the question despite the number of classmates.  I have observed the consumer bewildered by the myriad of items to be purchased for their fitness room.   My experience with the consumer who has exhausted their means on the newly built home ultimately caused the light bulb to go off in my head on how to create a bigger customer base by bringing a solution to their problem...thus newhomefitness.  The unique selling proposition will enhance my placement in their minds culminating in the betterment of society in terms of fighting the obesity problem.This is fun!  Thanks CraigL
    Consumer Problem:  I just built a home and can`t afford good fitness equipment.  Solution:  Include the fitness room in the cost of the new home using the patent pending method of newhomefitness.Consumer Problem:  The home is built.  Now I have to purchase equipment using credit at 18% to 29%Solution:  Through Newhomefitness you could have a fitness room added to the cost of the new home saving you hundreds of dollars. I hope I`m headed in the right direction.I await the reply with anticipation.
    1.A house is not a home without a NewHomeFitness room!2.New home design...New home amenities...Newhomefitness!3. The new  home design question is answered by the new home fitness room solution!
    Experience a New Home Design with a New home fitness Room!  Amenities now include grade a fitness for you new home experience!
    New home design has a new name...New home fitness!Real-world value of fitness is now a part of the new home design!Real Estate now offers Real world value...NewHomeFitness!I have two groups I`ve sold to and the others are targeted to possibly link with to help increase exposure, ultimately creating sells for all involved.  The groups are 1.Consumer 2. Home builder 3.real estate agent  4.Lending institutionThank you for the editing my statement/selling point.  Hopefully I`m not too confused.  I will add more words to my exel sheet for all four groups.  Challenging yet fun!
    Building a new home?  Don`t forget the fitness room.  Upgrade your home design plans with a grade A fitness room.  " The best amenity for your new home design should include NewHomeFitness"!
    olliepure2007-7-28 4:25:33
    Building a new home?  Don`t forget the fitness room!  Upgrade your home design plans with a grade A Fitness Room.  The best feature in your new home should be NewHomeFitness.
    What was mentioned about using the first sentence alone as an initial selling point creates thought about options and the possibility of fitness equipment added to the home design.  Conceptualization acknowledged!  Thanks.  Who do I make the check out to?
    olliepure2007-7-28 16:40:26
    The building process continues.  the SUN views and feedback have advanced by ability to touch the keys on my computer with excitement.  I look forward to business dealings everyday.  I can`t sleep!  My dreams are all about coding and HTML and  how to communicate using my computer.  I never thought I`d speak to the world without saying a word.  This is fun!  I just hope this Hi-Tech box will bring me before great people.  Hopefully I will be able to speak at that time.  Somebody help me graduate!
    Now the cloud is passing considering SuN mentors have come to the rescue.  Thank you CraigL and Michianawebline.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Adrian and I have been working on his site. Our goals have been to ...* Get his business message across quickly and clearly* Provide content on the main page that will create interest and wanting more information* Create an easier navigation system* Make all pages SEO friendly while reducing the original amount of codeFor a comparison, here is his current site ... http://www.newhomefitness.com... and our test site ....http://michianawebline.com/NHF/index.phpA few of the test pages, as well as the store, are still being created and set up. So far, my biggest concern coding-wise is the graphics and load time/bandwidth involved, and possible the text color on the blue backgrounds. So, we would like to get your thoughts and input on what we have now, and any ideas on content, wording or anything else would be appreciated.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks
    Craig. We primarily used the blue graphics since they are part of the
    current site, and wanted to retain them if possible. However I agree
    that there should be something changed for better readability. The
    graphics are also the main reason why much of the site is a fixed size
    right now. Perhaps we`ll have to go about it in a different way.The left menu is not really a Q & A type of thing; simply links with a brief description to help visitors find information easier. This was an idea of mine that I thought might be beneficial for visitors and SEO, but perhaps it is having the opposite effect....?Perhaps I have lost an outside, or "objective" viewpoint in the main page message. Obviously, I understand the product and concept, and I see that concept on the page, however if others don`t then we apparently aren`t quite getting it across.