WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Teen trying to start a Sporting Goods business

CIFchampCIFchamp subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2007 in Grab Bag
I am a teenager in a ROP class with a project to start up a Sporting Goods store and I need some information. My group sellected me to be the CEO and i need information on how to start it up

Comments

• MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Easy!
    Define your competitive advantage over other stores.  Research the need in your proposed area.  Obtain financing.  Get the goods.  Train the staff.  Grand opening.  Retire to the Bahamas and count waves.  MNGrillGuy2007-3-27 14:41:16
  • smurph05smurph05 subscriber Posts: 2
    If you want to be sure to get an `A`, do all of the above and then add in a couple of extra`s: business name and logo, and trademark it. Think about workers comp and general liability insurance. Employee benefits would be a nice touch. If you are a CEO then name a VP of Finance, Marketing, Buying, Human Resources....depends on how many people are in your group. Don`t forget the business license, Federal Tax ID, State Tax ID. Think of how you want to structure your company (Corporation, LLP, Sole Proprietor) make sure you file papers whatever structure you choose. None of this would take very much work but they are details that your teacher may be looking for. Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out.
  • CIFchampCIFchamp subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you very much for your help