WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Requesting Helpful Advice for Success!!

SteamboatSteveSteamboatSteve subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2007 in Thought Leadership
I am a senior at the University of South Florida. I will begraduating Summer of 07` Suma Cum Laude, with a degree in Economics. Ihave decided to live my life through owning my own businesses; I amcertain of this. I do not yet have the networking or product required todo so, so I am consulting you guys for my next step. I have thought aboutcontinuing to go into the Harvard Business School in the Fall, but Iwould like some input on the best possible graduate school to get whereI wish to be; perhaps graduate school in this manner is notappropriate. I appreciate any helpyou can provide. Thank you,SGT Steven WilsonUS Army Combat Medic

Comments

• MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Experience is just as important as education.  Have you considered getting a job and going back for an MBA while you work?  Often times the employer will pay for a good chunck of it.  Check out the top 10 Part-Time MBA schools and see if any are of particular interest to ya.  Just a thought.  You will meet many like minded people in MBA school.   
  • SteamboatSteveSteamboatSteve subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for the advice. I have recieved consistent advice to continue on to graduate school. Where to attend is my next step, though Harvard sounds very promising, aside from the immense cost.
  • SteamboatSteveSteamboatSteve subscriber Posts: 1
    I appreciate the candor. I realize the difficulty in my plans with little seasoned experience. My problem is deciding which field to concentrate my experience on. I do not enjoy Healthcare, despite being a Medic Veteran of the Army. The networking will be very important to my success. I am thinking an Investment firm to gain some ground and then go into school, but I worry about losing my potential to gain fellowships and such now with my strong grades, vs. getting a company to pay for it, me having to commit a few years to them, and then losing sight of my goals. I am young enough to sort it out as I go, but I want to make the right decisions at the right times.