WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Corporate buy in....?

ladydaleladydale subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2006 in Marketing
I have been approached on joining a Corp.  This is a new company and of course I am a bit shy to move on this.  I would like some input on the following:   I am to get my credit report and based on the number;  I can be incorporated with this company with out putting up any money.  The idea has been patented etc... and is out on the market.  Sounds too good to be true.. I  am new to the business world, would hate to miss a good money making opportunity; however I want to share in recieving profits...not paying them to others.. Help??? 

Comments

• Options
    MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Will you be issued shares in this company?  Sounds like a good opportunity.  You want to make sure your % ownership of the company represents a fair value based on what you are bringing to the table.  So, for instance, if you are in sales and bring in 25% of all sales you would want more the 1% ownership. 
    One way you can get an idea of your value is to try determine the value of the company with you and then the value of the company without you.  A good starting spot for negotiations. 
  • Options
    ladydaleladydale subscriber Posts: 2
    I do believe I will have shares.  We are just starting to talk.  I want to see numbers and projections etc.  I also, want to see how the marketing is going and future areas the product will be introduced to.  Thank you for the advice- now I can atleast know where to set some values for myself.
  • Options
    TheButtonStoreTheButtonStore subscriber Posts: 1
    As 
    ElidS
    stated,I would make sure you really take a hard look at the situation.  While it is possible they simply are requesting your credit report as a way to rate your qualifications in regards to managing money and debt, it is also possible that they are looking for someone to use as a pad for their bad credit.