WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please Critique Our Website AxeGlove.com

AxeGloveAxeGlove subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2008 in Website Critique
We`ve had our site up and running now for six months and sales have been OK but like everything else there is always room for improvement.

I believe I can get to close to things at times and so will lose objectivity.

I`d appreciate anyone`s comments and suggestions.

www.AxeGlove.com

Regards,

Patrick

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Looks like a good idea.  I don`t do guitar, but I see the prices of them on other websites (I have purchased some sound gear from Guitar Showcase and other sites), so I am not surprised that you should find a market for your product.I can`t put my finger on it, but something about your site doesn`t feel right.  Let me start with the obvious - visitor counters don`t add anything to the site and can be counter-productive, so get rid of it and use more detailed analytics to understand the traffic to your site.  Also, I would tone down the Copyright and Trademark notice on each page.  You come across as a paranoid convinced that every visitor to your site is going to steal your idea.  I have news for you, if someone is going to steal your idea, a copyright or patent notice isn`t going to stop them.  All it does on your site is to put it in your visitor`s face.  Make it smaller.Your images.  The aspect ratio is all over the place and it has an amateurish appearance.  Don`t resize the images on the browser, make the images the right size before you bring them into the web page.
  • AxeGloveAxeGlove subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the tips Steve!

So we should reset the images to all the photos to be relatively the same size, correct?

Alittle bit of work but not a big deal.

Regards,

Patrick
    Steve...though of a compromise on (c) & tm....left it on main page and deleted the rest throughout the site.

Patrick
    So we should reset the images to all the photos to be relatively the same size, correct?They should be the same size, or close to it, but resize them in Photoshop, not by the height/width elements in the web page.  This avoids any distortions in the browser.
    OK and thanks for the Photoshop tip.
    OK guys...I need a wee bit of clarity...

Are you folks talking about the images of the instruments with the AxeGlove` installed, the " Model Photos"?

Patrick
    Are you folks talking about the images of the instruments with the AxeGlove` installed, the " Model Photos"?Yes.