WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Getting products listed with a comparison shopping site

thriftstorejunkiethriftstorejunkie subscriber Posts: 2
Hi there, I`m in the middle of trying to get my items listed with a shopping comparison site.  I need help! This is what they want:
Feed Delivery
You may submit your feed by uploading it as a text file or alternatively you may provide us with the URL to a script which generates your feed on-the-fly. The on-the-fly method is preferred as this insures we always have your latest product information.
I would like to use the script method, but I have no idea what to do.  Also I can export my catalog to my computer than to Excel, the problem is that the exported catalog my hosting company offers does not contain all the data that is required to upload to the shopping comparison site.  Example: No picture url`s or product descripions are included in the exported catalog, but they are required for uploading to the shopping site.  I would have to edit each product individually in Excel to add the needed info.  I have hundreds of products that change all the time and are usually one-of-a-kinds, that would be way to time consuming.  I`m wondering if that is a script generator that will retrieve all the product info I need from my site and allow me to download it all to Excel.  Can anyone help? Lisa Grantham  

Comments