WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
edited April 2006 in Marketing
I`m a big believer in creating customer evangelists - word of mouth advertising. Check out this site for:
http://www.creatingcustomerevangelists.com/</A>
They have a great book and they are involved with the recent best seller "The Big Moo" - good reading for any business - startup or established - IMHO.
R@

Comments

• typo57typo57 subscriber Posts: 0
    Would The Big Moo pertain to small (tiny) gift stores that need to start small but grow at a management speed?  Thanks for the link and your help.
  • VickiJVickiJ subscriber Posts: 6
    Do you have any idea where the name The Big Moo came from? As a farm girl, I`m fascinated.
    Word of mouth advertising is the kind I`m looking for. I`ll have to read the book. Thanks, Keycon.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    The main author also wrote The Purple Cow - so I guess the natural progession was The Big Moo. Both are good. I couldn`t remember where the name came from but I believe it told in the book. I don`t have my copy - out on loan. But see below.
    This quote straight from a description of the book at Amazon:

"Godin derived the title for this engaging anthology of business homiletics from his marketing manifesto Purple Cow, which extolled the importance of garish new products that grab customers` attention."
    R@
  • starpointestarpointe subscriber Posts: 2
    I would also highly recommend Discovering the Soul of Service by Leonard L. Berry.  It is worth its weight in gold for any service oriented company.
  • BardStuffBardStuff subscriber Posts: 7
    Found with a bit of googling.  Interesting, really, when you consider Seth Godin`s approach is to extol the benefits of purple cows, and yet the original punch line is "i`d rather see than be one".A Purple Cow
    By Mr. Gelett Burgess
    I never saw a Purple Cow,
    I never hope to see one;
    But I can tell you, anyhow,
    I`d rather see than be one.
    BardStuff2006-4-18 14:40:50