WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Cost of freight from China?

art8art8 subscriber Posts: 6
Hello all, I have a freight coming to the US in a couple of weeks. From what I have experienced so far I have to admire those who work in logistics. It`s an art form that only a rare individual can master if ever they could.  Again with my novice experience in this I have to ask if this is a fare price for ocean freight coming from Guangzhou to  Philadelphia. 7.25cbm including insurance. (LCL). The quoted price was just under USD700.00. I talked to some comp. here in the US but out 5 that I talked to, 1 return call and only handled customs. The other comp. are based in the same Chines province and had the cheapest prices.Thanks in advance for any advice and information on this subject.

Comments

• toymantoyman subscriber Posts: 0
    We do mostly container load, but the few LCL shipments we have done I have used FedEx Trade Networks (Yantian to Ohio).  Their rates seemed most competitive, at least the last time we checked rates (about 6 months ago).

Depending on your need for speed, you may want to check with a consolidator and get your freight included with another LCL shipment.  We use Coppersmith out of LA for our container shipments and are very happy with their service.  I haven`t asked them, but maybe they could do a consolidation shipment.
  • emeliaingramemeliaingram subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Cost of freight wil be determined by the mode of transportation if its road freight, air freight or sea freight, it will also be determined by the form and nature of the cargo the volume or weight of the cargo and of course the distance of the destination. For ocean or sea freight it will be determined by the pro rata rate and the rate is per 1000 kgs or 1 cubic meter.

BR International Logistics Freight Forwarder Melbourne Australia