WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

liability insurance

friendsfirlifefriendsfirlife subscriber Posts: 4
Hi all -
Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but I couldn`t find it anywhere on the site, so here goes...
I was wondering if anyone has advice as to where to get liability insurance for our business.  We are currently set up as a sole proprietorship, but will be forming either an LLC or corp. (meeting with the lawyer next week to get advice/start the process).  I`m not even sure yet what the legal requirements re. insurance are in CA, but since our product is electrical and is used in people homes, seems like we need to have liability insurance at least.
We also have to do it pretty immediately since one of the trade shows that we have signed up for this fall requires proof of liability insurance.
I have looked on line, but would like to get a recommendation of some place. Any suggestions?
Lisa

Comments