WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please critique my website

coffeegurucoffeeguru subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2009 in Website Critique
I am new to this site and would love some feedback on my website www.coffeeshopofhorrors.com. Any advice on how to promote it, any changes you would make? Thank you for taking the time to critique! Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Comments

• dbkooper1dbkooper1 subscriber Posts: 0
    I really like the design of it - nice and clear, clean cut. There are literally thousands of coffee sites you can find through google. Some even have forums where you can promote your site through.
  • SmallBusinessLawyerSmallBusinessLawyer subscriber Posts: 0
    I also like the site and the packaging.  But the multiple navigation bars could be simplified into a single nav bar with drop down menus to make the already nice site even more user friendly.  Also, the site is almost devoid of any useful meta-tags....no site descriptions for the pages and only the same title "Coffee Shop of Horrors" for each page, rather than "Coffee Shop of Horrors | Speciality Coffees and Teas From Around the World | Tanzian Peaberry"  In other words, the site needs to be optimized for search engines.  There are the obvious online marketing tools such as adwords and Craigs List postings.  There are several cheap and simple affiliate marketing program services now that you might use and then approach webmasters with kindred aesthetics and visitors (horror film sites, etc.).  But I also would not give up on traditional marketing and distributions methods given the unique packaging and with Holloween approaching.  Don`t forget copyright and trademark notices on packaging. 

Nice site and concept.  Good luck!
    SmallBusinessLawyer8/1/2009 2:53 PM
  • hamilton33hamilton33 subscriber Posts: 0
    Nice site, but at first look, it took me a while to determine what the site was selling/promoting! 
    You might make the subheadline a little more descriptive..
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Most good ecommerce applications provide basic SEO functions like including the category and product name in the web page title.  Yours does not. Maybe it is something you can activate??? This is very important for your search results.  Right now every web page has the same title - "Coffee shop of horrors" - which is does not help your search results because it is the same as your domain name.

Check your alt image tags on all your graphics to make sure they are descriptive and relevant to the image and product. The alt image tag for your logo says "CSoH logo"... using one or more targeted keywords would be better.

White text on black is hard to read. A larger font size would be better.

On your home page you mention having t-shirts (in May), but I do not see a link on how to get any? Your coffee of the month is on sale until May 31st - the date should be updated as the "sale" price is still in effect.

Left menu - unless you plan to have a lot more categories, I would change your left menu so that all the "coffee" items are listed rather than just "coffee". For SEO purposes you might include the word "coffee" in the each of the categories.

~Roland
  • coffeegurucoffeeguru subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks to all the great comments and suggestions! It is much appreciated.