WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is Google going to search Twitter & other microblogs?

vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
Is Google About To Introduce A Microblog Search Offering? http://bit.ly/dmEhg

~Roland

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I think what you are seeing with Twitter, is various people`s attempts to monetize their Twitter account by direct selling... "click here to earn $zillion in 10 days!"

The more experienced and maybe more successful Twitter-ers, use Twitter to interact in a true "social-media" sense.

Also, there is a fair amount of people who use "#" tags (hash tags) to identify keywords relevant to the Twitter post.... enabling easier search results.

Can Twitter impact sales - absolutely. Dell attributes $3 million in sales directly to their Twitter activity.

This may all change depending upon Google`s approach to indexing Twitter posts. People will refine their posts if it positively impacts search results.

~Roland
    vwebworld6/14/2009 3:08 PM
  • ElementalUnityElementalUnity subscriber Posts: 3
    I personally believe that Twitter is the most revolutionary
    marketing product since e-mail. Twitter no longer just revolves around  "What Are You Doing?" It totally evolved from that concept… Now there
    is "How Do I Feel About This." In my opinion there are two really big
    reasons why Twitter is so great. One – you can get a hold of people
    that you would not be able to outside of the Application. Your examples
    proved this splendidly. And Two – Real Time Searches.  You say that you can`t find anything relevant?  I really don`t know how you can`t.  Do a search in Twitter for you market, and you will find tons of real time searches that will allow you to become that expert in your field.
    And I should point out that I don’t see Twitter as a platform to
    make money with… I see it as a platform to communicate with the market
    you are trying to communicate with. Don’t get me wrong there are
    probably lots of people making money off this, I just don’t use it
    like that.

Here`s the link to that article.

Also, Dell claims $3 million in sales from their Twitter effort.

~Roland

... and, as Dell does (as well as others), promote your product and induce sales by providing "special" discount codes to Twitter followers.

~Roland
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    Google is certainly gathering information on the web each second nowadays so the question is when, not if, Google will turn out with its own microblogging internet searcher to contend with Twitter. Google is presently planning to dispatch an approach to record and rank substance from administrations like Twitter, as indicated by the blog Google Operating System.
    Ordering Twitter data is harder than it might appear. As of not long ago, administrations have required consent from Twitter to get to its whole substance, and there's next to no possibility Twitter could ever give Google that get to. So as of not long ago the suspicion is that Google would actually need to "take after" each and every client on Twitter, and afterward do ceaseless pursuits with a specific end goal to file every one of their tweets — an absurdly awkward process