WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Please review my site

mojo456mojo456 subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique
This site has been you more than a year. My brother and I created it and are still learning alot. We are now working on SEO and CSS. So please remember this when you critique it.
We wanted a easy to use site that would help you find Local Business fast.

http://www.scappoose.biz/

Thanks for your time. 

Comments

• Options
    fotogirlfotogirl subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello!  You have a lot of info on your site!  I`m a very visual person and the first thing I noticed was that it was lacking pictures.  The biz banners floating by were cool because you see these recognizable businesses and their logos.  However, it looks a little like a rotating rolodex file of business card sized banners.  Kudos on the amount of work and research you put into this site!  That is no small task for sure.  You can buy some really cool stock images to dress up your site at:  www.istockphoto.com, www.shutterstock.com, and www.dreamstime.com.  A lot of which are a $1 each.  Just a thought   All the best with the site!fotogirl3/12/2009 12:50 AM
  • Options
    banzaibertbanzaibert subscriber Posts: 0
    It`s not that attractive. There too much text going on everywhere. Add some pictures, some amazing graphics.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    The text is too small... and like trying to read the phone book.

"Book keeping" should be spelled "bookkeeping" (in your menu).

I think the site would be more useful if the listings included a link to the business` web page.

Being able to search on your listings would be nice. The google search feature you have does not produce result of your site.

~Roland
  • Options
    bizzybeebizzybee subscriber Posts: 0

Dear Mojo 456,
    I am very new to Web Site development and building, however, as I read through your site, I found it informative, concise and directive.  This site  gives the consumer exactly what it should, information and directions and it does this on a major level.  I am wondering if your site is attached to a broader or an Intranet of the City in which you live?  If so, you should do well, because your directory appears Achival and detailed, encompassing all businesses, enterprises, and corporate concerns in a particular area.  If you want to know about graphics and pictures, unless these graphics and pictures detail a particular business, I don`t think there necessary.  A directory is usually non -pictorial.  The font seems compliant, but for some people larger fonting might fair better, perhaps a web application that magnifies as a directory tool will please many consumers.  I don`t believe your site has too much of anything but information and you are selling information.  As I said, I am new to web site development and I find your site grand.  I love the layering. A feat I have problems implementing.  Your consumers would remember  A Magnifying tool, invest.  We must take care and be careful, how we subject the sight of our consumers to colors, graphics, lighting and pictures.

• Options
    jumbopandajumbopanda subscriber Posts: 0
    Functionally the site is great.  It is not visually pleasing.  You might want to make general categories, or have the categories be displayed on a second page, not your initial landing page.  Look at Microsoft`s clip art site and you will see many good, and free, images to choose from.  If you improve the look, people will definitely be more enticed to use your site.
    Good luck!