WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Any Zencart Veterans?

tjbeaulieutjbeaulieu subscriber Posts: 9
edited September 2008 in Building A Website That Works
I`m in need of some very basic help to get my shopping cart going.  Just something simple.  Zencart came recommended so I went ahead and downloaded it and linked it to me website on Bluehost.  The link can get me to my main page and show my products and their categories--and it ends there.  I just need to know how to activate the rest of the shopping cart:  add to cart, order, payment and so on.  Unfortunately, Zencart has no direct help except for their forum which is extensive and slow.  I`m appealing to anyone here who could help me out so I can finally open up for business.  Thank you!

Theresajb

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Hi again,

I sent you a PM with a link to a ZenCart manual that covers how to operate your ZenCart store. That does a good job showing how to add products, pricing, images, etc.
     The following link has a lot of information about setting up and running ZenCart: http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php

As for payments, you need to know what you are going to use for payment processing if anything. If you are using PayPal, there is a module already included in ZenCart to handle that.
    IF you`re using a different processor, you`ll need to see if it is compatible with ZenCart.

From your other post - how to add a link to get back to your main site from zencart?
    Depending upon where you want the link to appear, you can add it to a sidebox and/or footer (the code that produces those items).

~Roland