WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

ilovephotogifts.com help with low conversions

jcarenjcaren subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2008 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone!
I asked for a review almost a year ago...you guys gave me some GREAT advice...since then I have revamped the site, re-branded with a new domain name this past May and have worked on SEO. (The previous domain was expressionsphotostore.net-so you can see how bad that was!)
80% of my traffic as per google analytics comes from organic searches, so people are getting to me with keywords, which means I got what they are looking for!!! YEAH
They are on the site looking around..I have an average time on site of almost 7 minutes....YEAH.....
I get almost 300 unique visitors PER DAY with almost 1,000 page views....YEAH....
I see people put items in their cart then go away....BOOO.....
I average 1-2 sales per day right now, much higher at holiday though...it has definitely been more consistent than in the past which I am happy about but why am I getting so many direct visitors with a lack of sales from these visitors.
My prices are in line with competitors, I have flat rate shipping of $6.95....
My items are unique and hard to find, some even exclusive to us....
So what do you guys think I need to do to increase the conversion rate of my visitors? I have read every article and book I can find and I cannot "get it" for the life of me. My main competition is a major site owned by a billion dollar company they do several million in sales a year....I just want 1% of that!!!!
Any and ALL suggestions are welcome...I can take it...I WANT this to succeed and I am hoping to get investors early next year so I need to get this to the next level....
thanks in advance for your time and help..http://www.ilovephotogifts.comjcaren8/12/2008 12:34 PM

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Hi,

I just took a quick peek. Two things I noticed:

(1) when I go to check out a security message appears saying I`m going to a page that has some secure and not secure parts.... that could be why some people are abandoning their shopping cart.  I`m not sure what version of ZenCart you`re using, but the latest version 1.38a has an added security feature that sends a code, if the store template you`re using may just need a little tweak to fix that security message.

(2) The product page for "sliding photo frame (http://www.ilovephotogifts.com/index.ph ... cts_id=259 ) Has some words cut off (in IE6). This happens on some other products too.

~Roland