WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Tracking Link

KateGKateG subscriber Posts: 12
edited May 2008 in Website Critique
I`m in contact with a company that runs a party website.  She says that typically a company like mine would either join an affiliate program like Commission Junction or have a tracking link with a unique identifier so that they could receive a referral commission for any sales.

I don`t know how these tracking links work.  Has anyone ever used either tracking links or Commission Junction?  I`d appreciate any input about your opinions of how they work and which one to use.

Thanks!

Kate

www.shapeacake.com

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Basically, a tracking link is a link on their site to yours that includes a referral code to idenfity/tag the referral...so the source of the link is captured.

What are you trying to accomplish: create an affiliate program fro your product - for others to put on their website, to generate sales of your products?

Setting up an affiliate program does cost some $$. Commission junction is one place to use.

A search yields alternatives

~Roland
  • Options
    KateGKateG subscriber Posts: 12
    Yes Roland, that`s what I`m trying to do.  I have a company that is interested in promoting my product and directing people to my site, but has requested acommission.

I didn`t realize how expensive commission junction was.  That seems like way too much at this point.  The link that you provide is helpful.  I will look into how much these other programs cost.

Thanks!

Kate