WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What About Web Templates?

CarlsonCarlson subscriber Posts: 2
I usually use templates to build my sites because they are less expensive than custom sites and easy to use. Many of these templates, however, are too simple and plain. Does anyone have a web designer who utilizes high-quality templates? I am always looking for an inexpensive alternative for my clients.

Thanks for the help!
Brett Carlson

www.detectivesnotebook.com

Comments

• sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I don`t leverage templates per-se but I have used Template Monster once before for a job that needed a real quick turnaround (less than a day) and they have some slick solutions for just about every aspect of a website and business.
  • CarlsonCarlson subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks Aaron. Template Monster does have some very slick designs. How were they to work with? Also, do you build sites for clients?

Brett Carlson

www.detectivesnotebook.com

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I sell template monster template (affiliate) and have used a few too. Normally, I do not interface with them.. just get the template and go (modify it, etc.)

However, they do have an online help/chat feature which answered a quick question for me (about a template`s compatibility with a version of a program).

Also, there are many many FREE and open source templates available you can find with a search or two.

~Roland
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Thanks Aaron. Template Monster does have some very slick designs. How were they to work with? Also, do you build sites for clients? Brett Carlsonwww.detectivesnotebook.com 

Template monster was pretty cut and dry.  Not much interface with humans at all.  You purchase the template you want, they send you an e-mail with information on how to download it and that`s it.
    I do build sites occasionally but not as much as I used to.  I offer custom solutions based on the customer`s needs.  Sometimes clients require web site building and sometimes they do not.  I`ve been doing more marketing as of late but I still build sites.  I`m building a custom shopping cart for one of my clients at the moment and doing two pro bono web site builds in the next few weeks.sddreamweavers5/29/2008 12:24 AM
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    have you considered CoffeeCup?  I hight recommend it.  Tons of templates...just get what you want and start editing it using any HTML editor of your choice (i.e. Dreamweaver)
    WebJunky6/3/2008 2:46 PM
  • infiltainfilta subscriber Posts: 8
    Open Source Web Design (OSWD)  -- these templates are free.
    As far as template value  --  they are a blessing for those who either don`t have a budget or don`t have a need for custom (genuinely custom) web design. Thing is that too many "web designers" take templates, modify them a little bit and say they are custom sites. But that`s beside the point.