WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Website Template - Help?

bransonboybransonboy subscriber Posts: 5
edited April 2008 in Website Critique
Hi,

We have just had our website revamped, and it is not online yet as we are just adding additional bits and bobs, let us know what you think of it so far:

http://www.scottish-studio.com/smithpackaging/index.htm

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    In Firefox, on the index page, the images on the left are not displaying properly; the lower image is sitting bottom left of the top image.
    You have almost no SEO built into your pages.
    Create more textual content on your main page, if possible.
    The picture of the continents in the logo, while nice, isn`t conveying anything to the viewer. The picture could represent dozens of things. I remember seeing ads years ago of the Earth with lines criss crossing it, like paths from point "A" to point "B", making me think the service being offered is from nearly any starting point to nearly any destination. Right away, I don`t see anything telling me, as a potential user, just what areas I can use your service in. Is it only from Scotland to other places, or are you based in Scotland and you can ship from anywhere to anywhere?
    To me, the overall colors and simplicity are fine, just not too crazy about the pinkish/red mouseover in the top menu.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    There are some coding issues (for validation).  I`m assuming SEO work has not been done yet, since it is a new site... but it should certainly be a consideration in the design. That is, to use your web page title tags, internal links,  h1, h2, h3 tags, bold text, and content so it supports your targeted search terms.

The pinkish color - not a big fan of it.

I suggest adding a link to your home page to your logo (top left of each web page). Also, your home page (index.htm) is linked to the "News Desk" item in your menu. Sort of unusual, and I do not think intuitive... that is viewers may be looking on how to get back to your home page and at first not realize they have to click on News Desk.

Since your menu is image based, I`d suggest adding a text based menu at the bottom of your web pages.

~Roland
    vwebworld4/25/2008 8:19 AM
  • Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello there and I`ve been checking your site and I kinda agree with Roland about a link to your homepage at your logo. Overall appearance is good and neat, I would suggest putting a contact info at your homepage.