WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Be Careful When You Outsource! It can Happen to You!

stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
We have had a rough experience over the last three years using outsourcing. We thankfully pushed through and stood by our vision to help folks in business succeed not only locally but nationwide. I had to learn to do due dilegence and look deeper into the companies I hired to build our platform. After 3 years and 3 companies that never finished a final product we decided to hire our own team to get our business website complete. In 3 years we lost alot of money but the time is what really hurt us. It has not been easy and there have been many times I just wanted to put my head down and give in. I decided to keep pushing, keep moving toward my goal. We finally launched our service site about a month ago and we are making some enhancements and changes to it with our team. Here are a couple of articles that were written that includes our struggle with outsourcing.
I can really tell the difference in our company now, having our own staff. Instead of hiring a service from a company, we are building a team...one that likes to contribute, has ideas and  understands our vision. It can be difficult in business because even though you wish for eveyone to be like you in business...alot of times they are not. I have a hard time getting that but it was a lesson learned and a timely draining and costly one.

Erin

Comments

• Options
    Thank you both! It was definately a struggle but I kept my goal in focus and kept pushing through. Both myself and my husband who thankfully is a successful business man are happy to finally have our service up and running. We really had to sacrifice alot to get here. Thanks again!
    Erin
  • Options
    Thank you all. It can be difficult when outsourcing..you can`t just see these people in person alot of the time, face to face and that can make things feel alot of times that you have no control over your project and makes it more difficult to communicate your vision. They may tell you one thing and be doing another and it is hard to tell. I will tell you though, it has ben womderful having actual people joining our team and contributing to the end result.
    Erin
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    As a web designer, I am always disturbed when I hear stories like yours - where people have paid a lot of money for a website with little or no results.
    If you have any web or design questions, do not hesitae to contact me.
    ~Roland vwebworld2007-9-29 11:9:13
  • Options
    Thanks Roland,
    I appreciate the offer !!

Erin