WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

need critique

bizmindedbizminded subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
i have own http://www.breesales.com</A> and only made one sales i need all the critiquing i get from you guys. i am not getting much traffic at all and i am open to all suggestions.  Wilbert Richardson

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    For one thing, there`s just too much there.  No focus at all.  It`s like you sell everything including the kitchen sink.  Also, each page loads very slowly.  Finally, the items I did look at are priced way above what`s available elsewhere.  You have four-year old digital cameras for $250.  You can go to surpluscomputers.com and buy them for $25.  Your LCD TV`s are hundreds of dollars higher than newer technology at Best Buy or Circuit City.So, your site has two problems - it`s the biggest flea market page I have ever seen, and then if I even want to look for something, the prices are ridiculously high.
  • bizmindedbizminded subscriber Posts: 1
    thanks for the information i will get to work on taking care of business. if there are some comapnies outthere you reccomend i would appreciate it. again thanks.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I`m assuming you are using dropshipdesign`s site builder for your site.
    This limits your ability to modify the look of your site. Also, there are many extra META tags that are either not supported by search engine or not used.
    In addition you have some questionable SEO practices going on in your HTML code.
    If you are using dropshipdesign - I see there is some question about how they do business... there are a few unhappy customers.
    ~Roland
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    " I`d maybe do a focus group on the dummies, to see if other people get the sense of strangeness. " One vote here agreeing with the strange look.The blue menu tabs are small, crowded, and come off as a large blue blob at first. I would definitely suggest something different. Also, what is the purpose of having 5 or 6 tabs for "electronics", especially when each one just seems to have random items? And 3 "general" areas .... I would think that these would all fit into a more specific category.In Firefox, your footer image is way out of whack, not lined up along the left side where it should be.I don`t get all the meta tags either. You need to redo your title tag, as it has words running together. I`d get rid of the hidden text, as well. And, W3C says your main page has 460 errors.Definitely, some work is needed.