WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Prophet Industries - Help me out!

ProphetIndustriesProphetIndustries subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
Hello Everyone,I have just launched my new portfolio for my company. Any criticism`s and pointers are welcome. Thanks

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    So, what do you do?  There`s nothing on the home page that says what you do.  In fact, there`s nothing anywhere on the site that says what you do.  Makes it kind of difficult for a search engine to bring clients to your doorstep.  Come to think of it, you site is almost all images or flash.Since I have to guess, you are graphic designers?  Do I win a prize?Is "Get a Free Quote Now" supposed to be a link?  And what are you quoting?Lots of pretty pictures, some don`t load though.  Again, no text telling me how these pretty pictures are relevant to me, the customer.  Or what you can do for me.Is that a blog on the home page?  Or is it "News"?  Why is it on the home page?
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    http://www.prophetind.com/</A>
    The link to an image (fnf_crop.jpg) on you home page is broken.
    I would expect to be able to click on the huge "Get a free quote now!" graphic to submit a quote request.
    The home page title: "Design is still love//v2" ??????
    Here is the cache text of your site: m/&hl=en&rls=HPIA,HPIA:2006-34,HPIA:en&strip=1   Since you use graphics for everything..there is no text captured.  You should add alt image tags to at least your menu images.
    You use image slices to display your header image which is fine.. but watch the size of each image slice as some are larger the 50K. Also, consider if you need that quality of image.
    ~Roland