WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need Marketing Advice for New Website

pagejamespagejames subscriber Posts: 1
Hi everybody.
I just started a credit repair website and I need advice on how to market it properly and cost-effectively.  It generates $19.95 for each consumer I help, but it seems to me that it means that my marketing budget is limited by that income.  I have signed up with google adwords as somebody suggested but I could use some help as well in writing the ads.  The title is limited to 25 characters and you have 2 lines of 35 characters each to get your entire message across.  HELP me, please.
P.S. To check the website, it`s www.CreditLiberation.com</A>
Thanks in advance for any and all help

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    While google ads or yahoo, etc can bring traffic to your site, more people click on search engine results than on keyword ad results. 
    Also, it is best to make sure your site is search engine and user friendly BEFORE paying for traffic.
    If you go to your site and check the "cache" version on Google you will see there is absolutely no text cached... as of 3/21/07.  This is because you are using "frames" for your site and search engine have a problem following link into frames.
    You also do not have any backlinks which is very important for getting traffic and getting web bots to regularly visit your site.
    Suggestions:
    Redo the site without frames. Get backlinks, submit your site to search engine friendly directories
    ~Roland
     vwebworld2007-3-25 21:15:0
  • pagejamespagejames subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the advice, guys!  I purchased the website already put together and I need to either learn how to create the website without frames or find someone to do it for me.
    As for the blogging, that seems like a serious, almost full-time commitment.  I don`t know how much time is actually involved for the long-haul, but I don`t know if I have the time for that.  Any more info?
    And finally, what are backlinks?
    Thanks again, everyone!

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Thanks for all the advice, guys!  I purchased the website already put together and I need to either learn how to create the website without frames or find someone to do it for me.
    As for the blogging, that seems like a serious, almost full-time commitment.  I don`t know how much time is actually involved for the long-haul, but I don`t know if I have the time for that.  Any more info?
    And finally, what are backlinks?
    Thanks again, everyone!
    Short answer - backlinks are links from other website.."back" to your website.
    The important part of backlinks is to have links that can be read by search engines AND ideally contain your targeted keywords. Here some reasearch is needed because you are targeting a very competitive market. So, your keywords should not be the highly competitive ones, but ones that may be more narrowly targeted.
    Links can be links within your site, from other (ideally relevant) sites, search engine friendly directories, forums (your signature), blogs (yours and others), social networking, and the list goes on.....
    Creating a site without fames is not a big task for your site since the content is already developed.
    ~Rolandvwebworld2007-3-26 8:39:5