WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

3rd and last website!

NancysmithNancysmith subscriber Posts: 4
edited March 2007 in Website Critique
This will be my last and final website! I am still working out some bugs so I know some things arent working yet, but they will be soon!.Thanks to everyone who had advice and comments! Nancy
www.nancysvacationsite.com

Comments

• Options
    Thank you very much for your help and advice! Like I said I still have some bugs to work out but this will be the final "look" Thanks again, Nancy
  • Options
    WOW, I just realized that it took forever for my site to load!! What can I do to change this???
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    WOW, I just realized that it took forever for my site to load!! What can I do to change this???
    Check the file sizes of the images you are using.For example, your "topimg.jpg" file is 89kb. You want to try to keepimage files as small as possible, 20kb is ok.
    The Dugan`s travel logo is 133kb. The skier is 56kb; race car 109kb.Ooo, a big one - girl with headset = 348kb!
    Downloading all those images can make your site slow to completely load.
    All images should be resized to the size you need on your site PRIOR toputting them on the webpage.  Rather than using the original image and changingthe size (that does not reduce the original file size).
    ~Roland
     vwebworld2007-3-9 10:42:40
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and feedback! Nancy