WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

squidoo

DirtbagceoDirtbagceo subscriber Posts: 3
if you haven`t heard of this already, i would suggest you check it out
www.squidoo.com</A>

Comments

• MarcomAndPOPMarcomAndPOP subscriber Posts: 1
    Just had to chime in...I discovered Squidoo after attending a Seth Godin webinar. Squidoo is fabulous! It`s a great resource for the average person searching for information about a specific topic, and it`s also a great self-promotion tool for businesses, educators, and anyone else who wants to spread their information to the public.My company has two lenses, and we are in the process of creating more. The lenses have really helped us focus on specific products we offer, and give some useful info to our target audience. In addition, having Squidoo lenses has boosted our SEO rankings considerably, in a very short period of time. Our lenses, if you care to check them out, are:http://www.squidoo.com/MarcomAndPOP(this is more of an overview on our product selection)http://www.squidoo.com/shelftalkers(this zeroes in on our shelf talker offerings)Lens building is free, easy, and a fabulous tool to get your name out there. We try not to be too self-serving, and provide useful tools to help prospective customers make decisions. The only downside is that, in order to maintain high rankings within Squidoo,  you need to keep lenses fresh by adding content on a regular basis. Finding time to do one more SEO thing is a challenge, but well worth it!
    MarcomAndPOP2007-2-7 18:39:37
    What a great product Kathy!  Who wouldda thought?
    MarcomAndPOP2007-2-8 15:39:45
    MarcomandPop,

I really like your lenses also. Sounds like you are busy and have an
    interesting business. I wonder if their is a way to use signal flags as
    shelf talkers:)

Kathy

hmmmmmm.....let me wrap my brain around that!
  • cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    How does squidoo differ from a blog?  Or does it?
    Ok, the way I see it is....Squidoo is all about spreading the word of personal recommendations / word-of-mouth phenomena throughout the web, and making it easy for you do to so. It is multi-dimensional and a community-builder, unlike most blogs that are one-sided.It differs from a blog because it`s about connecting with others who have like minded interests, sharing your common information, spreading the word and even getting to make money out of it. Simply put, it`s about building a buzz about your given topic, rather than just having a place for you to talk about it (like a blog) and hope that people see it. Squidoo puts all of the word-of-mouth web tools easily at your disposal, in one place (on your lens) like You Tube, Delicious, Amazon, Flick`r, etc. When these sites all start linking to eachother, and other users "hear" about it via personal recommendations, a real community is born about the topic at hand. It`s all about creating a community, whose word adds value to your product. For more info read this great article:Spreading the Brand Message One Community at a Timeby Richard Buck
    MarcomAndPOP2007-2-12 12:55:16
  • markloseymarklosey subscriber Posts: 0
    SEO maintenance.  A lot of the new tools (sites etc) like squidoo, allow you to feed them content via rss feeds.  If you are actively `feeding` via rss from your site/blog/whatever. It can be relatively painless to accomplish the updating of content all over the web from `almost` a single location. We have written `updaters`, so that we could feed sites that don`t work with rss from our rss feeds. Getting a handle on rss / atom and such will make a huge dent in your free time.
  • richardwestrichardwest subscriber Posts: 1
    Blogging finds new ways to itself, watching evolution of www is thrilling.
    richardwest2007-4-25 1:33:47
  • movievalleymovievalley subscriber Posts: 0
    We also have a Squidoo & MySpace page;Both are great in getting yourself out there.  Don`t be shy and give us a visit! 
  • tldtimtldtim subscriber Posts: 0
    Squidoo works great as a mini site. What I mean by that is that its a single page that provides information and points --> to your main page.You can provide varied types of information about different aspects of your business or company that will attract viewers.An example is my lens here: http://www.squidoo.com/ytbtravel
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Other Squidoo lenses:
    the best Beef Jerky
    The Best Jerky
    You can "feed" your blog into a Squidoo lens too.
    Website Design
    ~Rolandvwebworld2007-10-13 23:54:6