WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Shopping cart additions not turning to sales

CascadeStarCascadeStar subscriber Posts: 3
Hello all,
A fair number of shopping cart additions have been abandoned at my e-commerce jewelry store, http://www.cascadestar.comI am not sure whether it is because one is required to sign-in/register in order to proceed to the next step in the checkout process.  I would appreciate some outside perspective on what could be causing the shopping cart abandonment.  Is it the checkout process, the user registration requirement, or something else?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
    Hi Rushabh,

What beautiful jewelry you have!  I looked around the site and added a few things on the cart but when I clicked the "Continue to Checkout" button nothing happened.  I was able to click all of the other links and they worked.  I never did get to a place where you had to register.

I hope this helps.

Tracy
  • CascadeStarCascadeStar subscriber Posts: 3
    Tracy,
    Thanks for your input!!  You have to click on the checkbox next to the jewelry in your shopping cart to select it for the checkout process.  This allows you to leave some jewelry in your shopping cart while checking out with the ones you`re interested in purchasing.A text warning in red should pop up when you try to check out without any jewelry designs checkmarked.  If you did not see it then it is a web design issue.It looks like I have to talk to my web designer to make the shopping cart more user-friendly.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Tracy,
    Thanks for your input!!  You have to click on the next to the jewelry in your shopping cart to select it for the checkout process.  This allows you to leave some jewelry in your shopping cart while checking out with the ones you`re interested in purchasing.A text warning in red should pop up when you try to check out without any jewelry designs.  If you did not see it then it is a web design issue.It looks like I have to talk to my web designer to make the shopping cart more user-friendly.  Yes, this is counter to the normal practice for shopping carts/checkout. I have an item in my shopping cart but I still need to check it to check out. I can do that, but it`s a small additional step. I do not know what you are using for your shopping cart program... but other shopping cart programs do allow people to checkout without creating an account/registering. What happens is the customer completes information need to purchase the item - name address, CC#, etc.... and behind the scenes the shopping cart collects that information and sends it to you and/or creates an account.  That way the customer only has to enter name, address, etc once - for CC processing purposes. ~Roland
  • aihanmiaihanmi subscriber Posts: 0
    I also recommend finding a shopping cart with a one-page checkout. Once someone wants your product give them the quickest path possible to making a purchase.
    Very nice table accents!
    All the best,
    Matt