WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Getting an EIN before filing llc papers?

MobileMixinMobileMixin subscriber Posts: 3
edited November 2008 in Business Planning
Although I am not planning on officially opening my online business until feb of 2009, I need to be able to plan now.  Some affilate partners that I want to sign up with need a taxpayer ID number.  I want to be able to use an EIN number but have not yet filed my LLC paperwork with the state yet.  I don`t want to do that until 2009 hits as I think that if I file that now then I will have to fill out business taxes for 2008 and I don`t want to have to do that until next year.  Unless I am wrong and it doesn`t matter when you submit the LLC paperwork and it goes by when you say the first day of business is, and if that`s the case then I woul just say that I started on Feb 1 2009.
Anyways, what I want to do is get an EIN number before I file my LLC paperwork so that I can at least sign up with some of the affilites to get the ball rolling.  I don`t want to use my SS number for obvious reasons.
Does anyone know if this is possible or am I flawed in my thinking?
Thanks,
-Bob

Comments