WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Best investments of skill

highflyerhighflyer subscriber Posts: 1
Well, I was wondering what does everyone think are the most important skills to develop for an entrepreneur?
I can think of a couple right off the bat here:
1) Memory- important for remembering appointments, keeping track of expenses, prioritizing etc, not to mention being able to recall faces really, really helps with good impressions.
2) Flexibility- being able to adapt to changing economic conditions, being able to see what the competition is doing and react accordingly.
3) Persistence- this is a big one, i think, because without persistence there would be no success. i don`t know anyone who started a business and came out screaming victory on his/her first run at it.
These are the top three for me, i guess. Would like to hear others you guys might be thinking about. For memory, i`ve been reading dominic o`brien`s book How to Develop a Perfect Memory. Kick-ass awesome book, highly recommended. When i`m working on flexibility, I like to think of a quote by Victor Frankl "between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose." When i`m sh*t tired, like i`m right now , I think about Edison and what would have happened if he said, "Damn, I think i`ll just throw this junk in the trash, have a pint, and go to sleep."
Its personallly been my second go at this whole business thing and golly gee cheese whiz, i think i`m starting to get the hang of it! (maybe)
Dave

Comments