WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Got Time?

NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
edited May 2007 in Thought Leadership
A couple weeks back, I joined a group that is trying to "get to the next level".  To participate in this group I am having to track my tasks, my time, and evaluate how I am conducting business.  Now that I am focusing on increasing my business my "to do list"/task list can rival St. Nick`s Naughty and Nice list. Thankfully I don`t have to be a rocket scientist to understand that I need to manage my time more effectively because if I don`t, it will manage me.   
So my question to you is....what helps you or what are you doing to manage your time so you can grow your business and still enjoy spending time with family and friends?

Comments

• Options
    RosannaTusseyRosannaTussey subscriber Posts: 4
    One of the best strategies I have found for running a successful business (instead of letting it run me) is taking a few minutes each morning to prioritize and plan my day.  I schedule my day in 15 minute increments along with what time I will stop working.  I am more efficient because every minute of the workday really counts for me.
    And when the day is done, I make a list of things to schedule for the next day. It`s simple, but it works for me.