WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need some ideas with this delivery service

rhungrhung subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Selecting a Business
Hi Guys,
I`m still in the developing stage of this business idea.  It`s a delivery service for stay at home moms.  It`s quite hard for moms with little kids to do grocery shoppings or even just go somewhere.  Between the diaper bag, purse, the kids, it`s just not very convenient.  I`m focusing on the heavyly used/necessity items only, for example diapers, wipes, milk, eggs..etc.  If you have little ones at home, you know, how fast those little monsters can go through milk, diapers...etc.
So, my idea is to set up a price structure.  (Maybe once a week for this dollar amount, or twice a week for that dollar amount.).  As far as the orders from customers, they can email, phone or IM.  I`ll pay for their order upfront, and charge to their paypal account....(I`m not too sure what`s the best way to charge here)
So, this is what I have so far.  Please jump in for any ideas or suggestions.  Thank you so much!

Comments

• rhungrhung subscriber Posts: 1
    Exactly.  Tarek.  I`m planning to extend this service to older/disabled people if this works out good.  The major of people around here have little guys.  There is no store in 35 miles radius doing any delivery service.  Well, not a lot of old people as well, actually.
    I`m not too sure about the process though.  Let`s say the customer needs 2 cartons of milk and a pack of diaper.  Should I pay for it first?  Or charge the customer for the cost first?  If I pay for it first, that would increase my overhead.  Hmmm, what do you guys think?
  • LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    Hey Rhung,Check out this online grocery that specializes with college dorms.  I think there`s a lot to learn from their business model.  It would definitely help you structure the idea.  They sell the softwareI had to find this thread in a different forum so I can show it to you. Let me know what you think.  I actually spoke to the owners of the site regarding starting a website for disabled and elderly.  We might be able to throw some ideas together.https://www.oneclickgrocery.com/This is the thread from the forum: http://www.youngentrepreneur.com/forum/ ... php?t=2028 8LT
    Thank you for taking the time to find the links for me.  I`ll definitely do some researches here.
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Rhung

What you are talking about basically is what I offer in my concierge business. I started with the elderly and built on from there.  If you are interested in learning about this business feel free to email me
    concierge lady
    Yes, concierge lady.  In a nutshell, it`s very similar to personal assistant, but I`m not planning to charge big bucks for it.  It`s more for the convenience.  Of course, that`s just the starting point, like you started with the elderly and went from there.
    I would like to pick your brain.  Any suggestions for starters in this field?
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    Well Rhung - this is what I would do:
    I would start with the basics and see what people want and need. Start out with general services so you only need to purchase general liability insurance. The more specialized you get (like travel planning, event planning, transport, pet walking/sitting), etc means you need separate insurance policies. Dont forget to get a good accountant, legal service and someone to help with your graphics for a website, logo, etc. Its all well and good that you dont want to charge big bucks but I would make sure that all my costs are covered like: insurances, overhead, gas & tolls, maintenance, business equipment (digital, computer, fax machine/scanner, calculator),  books, client files, business apparel, office supplies, legal  concierge forms, online classes/concierge schools, professional fees (legal, accounting); networking & professional/ association fees for starters.  Make a list of all of your expenses either using word or a software program (Quicken is good) just so you are not doing errands and creating a loss for yourself.  Hope this helps a little
  • edwarddevisedwarddevis subscriber Posts: 0
    Delivery service will be a good idea to go with, i am looking on such kind of options to start my own delivery system in Florida.

binary options