WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Angel Investors needed for startup kettle chip company

capnjackscapnjacks subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2009 in Elevator Pitches
Myself and a partner have been working on a startup kettle chip line for approximately 1.5 years. During this time we have developed the packaging, unique flavors and after many test batches found a co-packer. Originally we were going to use the equity in our homes to fund the company but due to the collapse in the housing market are unable to move forward. We are searching for an angel investor who may be interested in funding our company, Lighthouse Kettle Company,LLC. and our line called Cap`n Jack`s. The ideal investor would be a person who has some knowledge of the specialty food industry or the snack food industry especially on the west coast. If interested or you know of any avenues for us to pursue please feel free to contact me and I will send our power point presentation.
Thank you

Greg Hurley
President/CEO
Lighthouse Kettle Company, LLC. 
capnjacks5/20/2009 9:52 AM

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Greg,
    Sounds like you have made a lot of progress with your product. Sorry to hear about the change in funding direction. However, as you seek out capital sources, you`ll want to avoid having your actions being construed as a general solicitation of securities.

We`ve found that acquiring capital starts with preparation and then building a constituency that resonates with your project.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of help.

• Options
    Robert

Thanks for the input and as you can see I have made an adjustment to our post. Do you have any suggestions on how we find a potential investor as this is our major issue. Our business plan is solid but our contact list is short. I have found that most on line sources are scams that offer very little.

Thanks
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Greg,
    We`ve been helping entrepreneurs address this challenge for the past 9 years. Here are some of the things we have determined:

1 Finding the "right" capital source is as more about "how to" than who you know. 
    2. This is because, for early stage situations, the vast majority of capital will come from your expanded network.
    3. Being prepared (we call it Capital Ready) is critical to success.
    4  Following a proven process will greatly increase your probability of success while decreasing the time to success.
    5  A solid business plan is a great foundation - but generally they (alone) don`t "get" the funding.

Good Luck with your company. If you`d like to discuss your specific situation (in confidence) please contact me directly using robert@bizgrowthmasters.com

• Options
    Sir

Unfortunatly our chips are not on the market yet although they are a great product. If you could e-mail me directly I would like to discuss our product line further. My e-mail is greg@lighthousekettle.com.

Thanks