WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Bailout money for small businesses?

JTR65JTR65 subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in Startup Funding
I read an article last week on Yahoo that said Obama was making funds available for small businesses.  Does anyone know how to obtain these funds?  Are they in the form of grants or loans?

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I`m not sure what you read - but the "recovery" act includes funds for the SBA and here is what their site says:

The bill provides $730 million to SBA and makes changes to the agency’s lending and investment programs so that 
    they can reach more small businesses that need help. The funding includes:  

$375 million for temporarily eliminating fees on SBA-backed loans and raising SBA`s guarantee percentage on some loans to 90 percent.  The elimination of fees, announced on March 16, will remain in effect until the end of the calendar year or until the funding is exhausted.  The elimination of fees is retroactive to the day the Recovery Act was signed into law.

$255 million for a new loan program to help small businesses meet existing debt payments 

$30 million for expanding SBA’s Microloan program, enough to finance up to $50 million in new lending and $24 million in technical assistance grants to microlenders

$20 million for technology systems to streamline SBA’s lending and oversight processes

$15 million for expanding SBA’s Surety Bond Guarantee program

$25 million for staffing up to meet demands for new programs

$10 million for the Office of Inspector General

If you call the SBA (local, regional, national) offices, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who can provide concrete information beyond , we are working out the details now.

The key point in all this - is that loans will still be done through banks and other "approved" lending sources.
  • menexismenexis subscriber Posts: 1
    The govt. was simply going to make sure and track small business lending. You still have to go through the normal channels such as a bank to get the loan but the govt. want them to lend more easily to small businesses
  • infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Unsuccessful small business should be left to hang and dry. Stop wasting resources.
  • torigantorigan subscriber Posts: 0
    success of a start-up is the willingness and effort to evolve and survive a variety of obstacles that hinder
  • directbobbydirectbobby subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform jual obat asam urat
  • bizigroupbizigroup subscriber Posts: 0
    Greetings.... We are sourcing for innovative projects with high growing potentials.We are willing to take-up capital funding into your projects.If it presents minimal risk with good market size and projections.For detailed information email us: bizigroup-finance@live.com