WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I have contracts waiting...

WesternSkiesWesternSkies subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in Startup Funding
We are starting a new aerial photography company and need funding for a, state of the art, camera and plane. Our V.P. of business development has over 25 years experience and a host of invaluable contacts which he has used to get contracts that are awaiting our commitment. While the aerial photography industry is a small community, recently there has been big changes that have left a void that we are ready to fill. Government work is going to be great for the next 4 to 8 years and that is the end user for must of the digital imagery that we acquire.
We have tried conventional financing but to no avail, mostly because of our new, start-up status. We have had some interest since recently posting our story on forums such as this, but time is money, money that we are losing.  We have already lost a contract that was scheduled for February that would have net  86k. We just need to get it in front of the right invester! I would happy to e-mail an executive summery if you have any suggestions or advice, it would be appreciated.  Thank you, Michael
WesternSkies1/27/2009 1:46 PM

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Western Skies,

Finding the "right" investor - is largely a function of being well prepared (we call it Capital Ready) then looking in the right place by following a proven process.

If you have valid contracts from government agencies - you may be able to get some capital advances.

I understand the need to purchase the camera - but do you really need to buy a plane right away - to do your first contract?

Send me a PM or contact me directly if you want to discuss your specific situation.