WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Commercial Lenders & Private Investors

Puck04Puck04 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Startup Funding
I want to start buying multi-family dwellings and apartment complexes, but haven`t been able to find a commercial lender or investor for this type of venture.  The people that I have spoke with keep telling me to think smaller, and stay with single family homes, it`s easier, but I don`t want the big risk of a single family home and not having a tenant in it.  Can anyone direct me to a possible source. 

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I want to start buying multi-family dwellings and apartment complexes, but haven`t been able to find a commercial lender or investor for this type of venture.  The people that I have spoke with keep telling me to think smaller, and stay with single family homes, it`s easier, but I don`t want the big risk of a single family home and not having a tenant in it.  Can anyone direct me to a possible source. 
    puck04,
    Financing for commercial Real Estate is quite different than single family homes. Generally, the property is a key component of completing the deal - although the financial health of the borrower is a factor.
    Do you have a specific situation for which you are seeking funding?
  • Puck04Puck04 subscriber Posts: 1
    Not as of yet.  Just starting out and been researching for quite a while.  Trying to figure out where to start really.