WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

LLC address

djecuedjecue subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Business Planning
When filing for an LLC can I put a PO Box as the address until we find a permanent office?

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Most States require you to have someone within the State with a permanent address (not a PO box) to be designated as the agent for service.
    There are entities and individuals who provide this service - for a fee.
  • djecuedjecue subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reply.... If I decide to use my home address as my registered office will my property taxes go up because it is a business?
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    this is an interesting question. i have done it multiple times and my prop taxes have not been affected. i believe part of the reason is that the home is still a residential property and not commercial.  i/you just happen to use it "partially" for business. i am assuming you use most of your home to live in and not for business correct?

and since the LLC needs a registered agent, the agent could be living in his or her home anywhere.  this requirement is simply so that the regulatory authorities can communicate with you via mail.  the business itself can maintain a PO Box. in fact i prefer it this way personally.
  • infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    You need to find a permanent address before you can register the business.