WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Pet funeral services looking for investors....PLEASE..

mortymikemortymike subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Startup Funding
Hi All,
I am a very motivated person. I`m also a Funeral director/embalmer. I serve grieving families all day exccpet for one special family member..thier Pets.Now this may sound odd but, Truth be told funeral directors are not the rich guys. The ones with the money are the one with their names on the sign out front. This has been eating me up inside and as a pet owner i want my pet to be treated respectfully upon her death, not set out like garbage,that is why myself an 2 other funeral professional with the same feelings have been researching, doing a maket check, finding locations/buildings that will allow a crematory, and securing a turnkey cremation company that will lease ALL the equipment we would need to start our services, basiclly we`ve been doing our homework and are ready to hit the ground running.We have found that the area we are in is populated and untapped in the pet death arena. but, our funding is nill.As for myself, My wife of 15 years has MS and alot of my current and previous funds are to secure her health care. Could someone PLEASE put us on a funding track to make our dream real? We are projecting that the average pet cremation service around the US does about 600-1000+ cremations a yr, not including urns,casket and other items. We can gross 72+K our first yr. We are only looking for a small amout well under 50K. We would like to offer investors a portion or % of our Profits, is this a good way to go?If anyone can help us in any way, or have questionsPLEASE do.
WITH GREAT THNX,
Mike

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Mike,
    Revenue or profit sharing can be a viable way to treat situations (like yours) where the capital amounts are fairly small. Generally the key is to balance the perceived risk with the projected reward -both the total ROI and how long it will take to get it.
    There may be other options - depending upon your specific situation.

• mortymikemortymike subscriber Posts: 1
    THNX Robertj,
    what do you think is an average return % and over how many years? we are leaning twards a % each quarter. Do you know what would work better? let me know if you can...
    THNX,
    Mike 
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Mike,
    As I said previously, RISK (as perceived by the capital source) is the major influence on their expected return. One important factor in perceived risk is time. The longer one has to wait before one realizes their return - the greater the risk -both actual and perceived.  When we structure deals of this sort, we usually "build in" some flexibility so that the return "adjusts" with time. Generally, this gives the capital provider a sense of "balance" between risk and return.  
    Send me a PM if you`d like to discuss your specific situation and scenario.