WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Strategies - Down Payment for business purchase

mrjonesmrjones subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Startup Funding

For the past 4 months I`ve been looking at various businesses to buy.  I have 10-15k in cash available for a down payment.  Most of the businesses I have found want at least twice that for a down payment.  I have that kind of cash but it would almost wipe out my cash reserves.
Should I keep saving up cash or are there other financing options, besides loans and investors, to make a down payments?  This is frustrating.  For two years, I`ve been saving and sacrificing for this now it might be another two or more.
Can anyone recommend a strategy?

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    mr jones,
    As a general broad scope answer, when a company acquires capital - it either takes on debt or sells equity. However, this really is an over simplification - there are many ways to bring capital into a business.
    Structuring the right funding package for an acquisition depends on the specific situation.
    Send me a PM if you`d like to discuss the details of your situation.