WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

online CPA, online lawyer, etc?

eight32eight32 subscriber Posts: 4
edited February 2008 in Business Planning
I would really love to find a good online CPA and a good online lawyer or like business consulting service or something!!! does anyone have any recommendations??? resources? know anything about it?

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    By online - do you mean that they have experience with the on-line business world?
  • Options
    no, that I don`t have to meet with them in person - their business model operates online...
  • Options
    KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I can think of advantages and disadvantages to working with professionals online.
    The main disadvantage is that you wouldn`t get the personal level of attention and service that only face-to-face meetings can have. Once a relationship has been established, this may become less important, but some of us wouldn`t want to give it up.
    I wouldn`t entrust my health to a doctor without meeting them in person, and I`d think twice about entrusting my financial or legal issues to a professional without meeting them in person.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree for the most part, but I think we need some pretty basic advice. We do a lot of research on our own, too, but I don`t know...
  • Options
    StartupLawGuyStartupLawGuy subscriber Posts: 2
    If you post your questions on this forum you might get some general advice or thoughts. 
    I don`t know of any lawyers or CPAs who provide services online.  Generally, these professions are limited to the provision of services in states in which these types of professionals are licensed.  There are a few subject areas where this doesn`t hold true, but generally lawyers and CPAs are limited to practice in states in which they are licensed.
  • Options
    hmm, well that would explain why I didn`t easily find anything online =)