WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

consigment shop

regan123regan123 subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Startup Funding
hi im thinking about opening a bussiness something to do with kids like a consignment shop for kids cloths and i wont to know if anyone knows if this is a successfull business...im knew to this and i needed to talk to someone that may have some suggestions,or ideas.

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I don`t have enough information to make even a guess at the possibility of success. There are several examples of successful consignment retail shops. In your case, because of a low price per item - you may have a challenge keeping track. In the category of used clothes, you would be "competing" with Goodwill and other donation stores. I would suggest doing some basic financial projections to see how they look.
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Yep, me too Nikole! 
    Regan123, since you are new to the retail game and you already know the niche you`re after, would it be better for you maybe look into an already successful franchise that fills that niche?  Something like www.ouac.com</A> might be worth looking into.  That`s where I shop.  Just a thought.