WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

We need help fast we are losing our company

wanda31903wanda31903 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Elevator Pitches
Please help us we are a cleaning service located in Alabama providing free service to the elderly and disabled we are in need of cash flow to keep servicing both free and paid customers. Willing to offer up to 20% interest rate to get us back on our feet.
www.miracleclean.org</A>706-984-3260Lawanda Thompson

Comments

• RetiredMember2RetiredMember2 subscriber Posts: 0
    I suppose I will have to be the bad guy and ask why you are providing free service to people? Not sure you are going to find money for this kind of business. What are you doing to promote?
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member

Please help us we are a cleaning service located in Alabama providing free service to the elderly and disabled we are in need of cash flow to keep servicing both free and paid customers. Willing to offer up to 20% interest rate to get us back on our feet.
    www.miracleclean.org</A>706-984-3260Lawanda Thompson

I tried to look at your web site but it doesn`t function.
    I was curious as to how you cover the costs of the free service.
  • wanda31903wanda31903 subscriber Posts: 1
    The reason I started offering theses free services is because of the people I was meeting just was not living right. some were prior clients that just could not afford our services any longer. I always keep in touch with all my clients, the current and the previous. I showed up at 2 different clients house and they were 68 years old and 79 years old and gosh they had clothes just piled up all over the floor, the kitchen had bugs in it from dirty dishes, the kitchen floor looked liked it was painted brown from dirt build up, and the house just had a stinch to it, so after seeing that I said somebody has to do siomething for these people that can not help themselves and god told me to do it so I did it. I do not regret ever starting these services I just wish that someone had a heart like mine just think it could be your love one someday!
    It is nothing wrong with our website please try again
    www.miracleclean.org
    Lawanda,
    I think it`s great that you feel "led" to help these people. Is this what is putting your business in jeopardy or are there other factors as well.
    How long have you been in business?
    You mention cash flow as the "issue" - do you need some cash for the short term or do you need to increase revenue?
  • RetiredMember2RetiredMember2 subscriber Posts: 0
    Website is down LaWanda. I applaud what you are doing for people, and I hope you are able to continue doing it. How are you promoting yourself?Maybe an option is to go non-profit and them get to the media with your plea and perhaps even expand what you are doing.
    Not sure how it works if you try and straddle the profit and non-profit world in the long run.
  • kidzkidz subscriber Posts: 0
    Lawanda,
    Bless you! I believe you are big hearted and there are resources in your community that you might connect with. 
    First - I would look to the churches in your community and I recommend Presbyterian because of their structure.  You will need to be ready to present your biz to their church community and/or "Presbyterian Women" as they often will give support and small grants. Ask their Youth Director if they would help raise funds by doing a car wash event to raise fund for your cause.  This event would also allow you to give car owners a flyer about your biz and its outreach.  Call their offices and speak with their Church Secretary/Admin. to ask for direction.
    Second - Next try any senior citizen organizations and local Social Services Agencies in your community, they may utilize your services and provide small grants.
    Third - "You need to be able to recieve, if you truly want to give."  God doesn`t want his people to starve he`s given you an angel of an idea and wants you to succeed.  God is creativity and supports creativity thru his expression of us. You just need to ask...go girl! God speed! -kidz
    We just need a short term loan. Our company will always stay focused and will continue to be positive. Keep in mine I am a strong minded individual and I know that god has something in store for us so all that we can do is keep our faith and keep praying. I always believe he may not be there when you need him but he is always right on time thats what keeps me focused because I refused to let my people down I have a strong connection with my clients and if I have to die trying to save them then lord knows I will!!!!!!!!!! wanda319032007-9-4 15:13:45
    Update I checked the website and it is up and running please take a look
  • kidzkidz subscriber Posts: 0
    Lawanda
    I think the word is grant. Loan is a debt that you already can`t pay. Grants are financial support gifts, that are given to boost organizations through a time of transition and are given as a belief that this support will benefit a greater good.  Not a handout to a failing business, but support for something they agree with and believe in. Don`t let false pride prevent you from your purpose. Help is there just be able to receive it, receive it, receive it! Repay the loan/grant with your good deeds by continuing your work of helping the people who truly need it. Your help to these people, is going to provide for a healthier community, you know the price of healthcare, think of yourself as affordible community-care.  From the drop of water comes greater rings of hope. It is time for you to see your business differently, with community eyes, think big, believe in the vision.- kidz
    We just need a short term loan.
    I finally got to see your web site. You mention donations and your web site is a (dot) org - so my first question is - How is the company structured?
    Also, I see you have been in business since 2003, so with some decent performance history, a loan might be possible. So my next questions:
    How much are you seeking and for how long?
    Have you talked with your bank? If so , what did they say?
    If you aren`t comfortable posting the answers in the open forum, you can send a private message