WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Funding for a creative startup

kamolahykamolahy subscriber Posts: 27
edited February 2007 in Startup Funding
The company I`m currently working on is a creative company. I know that in most instances, investors are typically people who have worked in the same field as the business they are potentially funding. However, there seems to be a lack of investors of this sort. Does anyone know how I could go about this?

Comments

• kamolahykamolahy subscriber Posts: 27
    Sorry for the ambiguity! I think I was trying to talk to someone when I was writing it!It`s a company that does creative work. We have a way of pulling in revenues, but it`s variable based on the job. Therefore, I don`t know how easy it will be to project accurately. It`s hard to explain, but I think it would be like getting investment capital for a design firm or a creative agency. That`s what I mean by "creative".
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    The company I`m currently working on is a creative company. I know that in most instances, investors are typically people who have worked in the same field as the business they are potentially funding. However, there seems to be a lack of investors of this sort. Does anyone know how I could go about this?
    While it is true that venture firms and angel groups tend to favor projects where they have familiarity and "comfort of knowledge" - I`m not certain that there are no investors for a "creative" company. Our experience indicates that capital (investors or lenders) don`t "show up" until the project is ready.
    Would you consider an advertising agency as a creative company?
    Robert Johnson