WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Getting a paycheck from your startup funded by investors

onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
edited January 2007 in Startup Funding
I am in the early start up phase and looking for capital for my company. I am working full time on the roll out but due to an investment gone bad I have some money invested but not a ton. I am curious to see the reaction from the community on what I can expect an investor to agree to in the form of some sort of income while we are getting the company running. With a wife and 3 young kids we need to pay some bills while the deal gets off the ground. I would like to get some responses from some people with back grounds of working with angels. John

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    John,
    Every situation is different so it`s had to give you a specific answer.
    Generally, investors acknowledge that the people building the business will need some cash flow to "stay alive". On the other hand, investors don`t want the founders to "get rich" by collecting high salaries during the startup stages.
    There are several other variables - which should be considered in your business plan which should describe how you (and your team) intend to use the investment capital to build the business and increase the value of it.
    For questions about your sepcific situation, you can contact me privately.
    Robert Johnson

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Based upon the information you`ve given - a strategic partnership /alliance might be a good possibility.
    What do you (your company) want from a relationship with them?
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Robert,I will send you a PM. thanks,John