WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Entrepreneur Funding Coaching

dream11656dream11656 subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2006 in Startup Funding
Does anyone have any information or experience with Synergy Pro Consulting? The company is supposed to guarantee you get the funding you need for your business by using their funding coaches. Of course there is a tuition of $4300 - $8300 depending on the amount of funding you need. Are these companies for real or just a scam? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PeoplePawnPeoplePawn subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Carla:
    I`ve spent the best part of the last year going through the 1st round of funding for my new business www.nwen.org</A> and I get propositioned by "so called" service providers whom trawl the membership rosta and try selling me on a "fee for funding" strategy......be very carefull what you sign, and what you spend your hard earned funsing on. Good luck.

Patrick
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Patrick:
    I agree totally that it is virtually impossible to "guarantee" funding. There are too many variables - most of which are beyond the control of a service provider. I know we wouldn`t.
    I am confused by your statement that you have spent $1000`s over the past year. Do you mean that you spent this money on networking  (groups, functions, etc) with the purpose of acquiring funding? Was it successful?
    Robert Johnson

• Options
    dream11656dream11656 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks Patrick, I too had come to the conclusion that if a company could guarantee funding why not pay the fee and get the money. It didn`t make any sense. Their website is so professional I could see a lot of people falling in the trap.
    Thanks

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I`d like to offer the following thoughts on the topic. First of all,(so you know where I`m coming from)  we don`t raise capital for our clients - but we do offer services and support to help them do it. We have been in this business for several years plus we each brought years of experience to the company.
    1.  It is very difficult for a 3rd party to raise capital for an early stage enterprise. 

Even those who are sincerely and honestly trying to do this - have a fairly low success rate.
    If their compensation is success based, to survive economically they must  
    Be selective in choosing clients
    Be "well" compensated for the successes they have.
    Food for thought,
    With almost any private equity funding scenario - you, the entrepreneur and your team will HAVE to be an integral part of the process - usually beginning after an introduction.
    Most entrepreneurs say they don`t know any investors. Yet most early stage capital comes from the entrepreneur`s network or their`s. (ie first or second degree of separation) 
    So ask yourself - how much is an introduction worth?
    Robert Johnson

• Options
    infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I'm looking for one as well.