WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How Do You Create Buzz for a Blog?

RobZRobZ subscriber Posts: 1
I would be curious to see if anyone has had success with using a blog to support or generate business.  I would also appreciate any feedback on my blog:
www.daily-business-life.blogspot.com</A>
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    postcarderpostcarder subscriber Posts: 1
    I have a hobby blog (see my sigfile below), and it would certainly be nice to get some business out of it. But my interest in spending money on promoting my hobbies is down there between slim and none.So, here`s how I`ve promoted my blog without spending any money:1. I created a flyer and took it around to groups where people might be interested. And I`m not too picky about these. I figure that if the people there know me, then they might be interested in my blog.2. I placed a free ad in the local food co-op newspaper. I`m a longtime co-op member, and know for a fact that quite a few of my fellow co-opers are interested in things like water harvesting.3. I`ve sent news releases, but can`t report any publicity. Yet.4. I went to the major search sites, found the "submit URL" links, and registered my blog. I`m currently #1 in Google for water harvesting blogs.5. I tell people and organizations I`ve blogged about that they`re in my blog.Hope this helps!
  • Options
    RobZRobZ subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all for your very helpful replies!  I am in the process of following up on your suggestions.
    Thanks again,
    Rob Zelikson