WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to move a deal forward?

NipperNipper subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2006 in Grab Bag
Hi-I`m trying to start a business venture in the sport training area, and I`ve been talking to another company about a partnership to provide a new training product.  We`ve had a good relationship so far, and I`ve done some sales and marketing work for them, but we still haven`t moved forward on the partnership.If I wasn`t already working with them, and enjoying working with them, I would`ve moved on.  But I`d like to make this work, and they`re definitely interested - it`s been back-burnered due to resource constraints, etc.Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work to move this partnership to some definitive conclusion?Thanks!

Comments

• calvinjrcalvinjr subscriber Posts: 3
    No, but I look forward to hearing what is said...C.  
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    This is a crappy reply... but no one else is answering...I would say, write a list of what you think a good partnership should include. Put it together in a presentation. Then, when with the proposed partner... introduce it into the conversation (handing him/her the presentation). Or simply schedule a meeting to present it.What ever is done... you need to show/tell them you are ready to move forward. At the same time, they may be telling you... their not as interested as you are in a partnership.Negotiations can be difficult. It`s touchy and requires intimate knowledge of all parties involved.I hope my post will at least inspire others to post also.
  • NipperNipper subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks, everyone.  I have done all the presentations, etc., to them to show the potential benefits of the project. I guess I need to show them the benefits of partnering with ME, rather than just the potential benefits of the project in general.Also, should I set a deadline for them to make a decision? Thanks for all your responses.
  • NipperNipper subscriber Posts: 1
    I think that`s a great idea, and more or less what I had in mind -- set a loose deadline to move the deal to some sort of conclusion, but not so firm/limiting as to miss a potential opportunity due to resource constraints on their end.  Thanks!
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    That`s exactly my point... but you said it better.