WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Redeeming The Time

ClockmakerClockmaker subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2007 in Elevator Pitches
Restoring mechanical clocks to their original glory makes me tick.

Comments

• stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    Great name for a clock repair business. Interesting Biblical reference. Tell us more about your planned venture.
  • ClockmakerClockmaker subscriber Posts: 1
    Steve,
    I began to get interested in clocks and watches in 1986 and began studying books listed in the publications of the AWI (American Watchmakers Institute) and the NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors). I studied with a watchmaker and a clock repairman for a short while, always increasing my knowlege and ability.  I decided to focus on clocks so that has become a self sustaining hobby over the past 15 or so years.  I was interested in finding a "patron saint" for my small endeavor and found a Russian Orthodox Saint, Saint Inocent of Alaska, who was a watchmaker and barrel organ maker by trade.  In looking for a name for my hobby/business I thought first of "The End Times" but realized that would not get a favorable response from the public in general.  So I looked in my Bible index for references about time and found the line that I`ve adopted for my buisness name.  Over the years I`ve reinvested any proceeds from repairing clocks into tools, books and courses.  My goal is to open a small clock shop in two years when I reach 62 and am able to "retire" from my day job. So I`m starting my research to accomplish the task.  By the way, my hobby landed me my day job with a time recorder comapany which also manufactures Fire Alarm Systems.  I stopped working on timeclocks within a year of starting and have been a Fire Alarm and system tech to this day.