WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Marketing/Sponsorship Pricing

britterbritter subscriber Posts: 6
I work with a pod cast that also has a website forum.  We have grown enough that it is time to pursue sponsorships/advertisements.  We have been trying to figure out a reasonable pricing structure depending on what type of package potential clients are interested in.  Any experience or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I work with a pod cast that also has a website forum.  We have grown enough that it is time to pursue sponsorships/advertisements.  We have been trying to figure out a reasonable pricing structure depending on what type of package potential clients are interested in.  Any experience or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Your pricing is going to depend on the following factors:
    1) How many unique Visitors you have per month.  Not how many hits but Unique Visitors.
    2) What other content you are serving other than podcasts and the quality of said podcasts.
    3) How Your rankings are in the search engines for the top...say...20 keywords for your site.
  • Options
    I understand.  Are there any industry standards for certain figures or should I look at similar sites and see what their media kits are requesting?
  • Options
    Checking out other sites media kits are indeed a great place to start.  Are you preparing one for your site?  I`m actually putting together one for one of my customers but not for Advertising.
    I would look at your competitors (if any) to see what they are charging first off.
    What`s the URL of your site by the way? 
  • Options
    I thought putting a media kit together would be a good idea.  At least a document with that information included.  I`ll send over the site once everything is put together.  What do you mean you are putting it together for the customers?
    All the best,
    Ben
  • Options

I thought putting a media kit together would be a good idea.  At least a document with that information included.  I`ll send over the site once everything is put together.  What do you mean you are putting it together for the customers?All the best,Ben

I`m putting one together for the Media.  Kind of a Media Kit in Reverse....kind of.  I`m going to start going after local and national media exposure for one of my customers and I need to put together a media kit for the media to give them reasons why they should bring my customer on the air.sddreamweavers6/2/2008 7:14 PM