WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Will It Soar, or Will It Plummet?

spungeyspungey subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hi all,
After reading some of the good material here, and
talking with a few of you, it crystalized for me this morning.  I care a lot about seeing people start successful businesses and
I`m also really passionate about clean energy.  I`m a pretty good
writer, a trained speaker, have a solid science background and am
unafraid of technology.  OTOH, I have no rel investment capital and no
firm associations in the financial world or energy sector so I can`t
just go build a wind farm (for instance.) Sooo ...
Could I be an instigator of clean energy businesses and projects?   Is
there any kind of market or business model where one provides
knowledge, support, and inspiration to help would-be entrepreneurs over
the barriers to entry?
I can easily picture providing information about what various forms of energy exist, what`s on the horizon, tax incentives, rebates, carbon credits, community involvement; whether fuels, genertion, or conservation make the most sense for a particular startup; and so forth.  -- or I could just write a book (even though that seems a bit static and quickly dated.)
A major problem I see is cash flow, both for me and my clients, if this is gonna fly.  I`m currently farming cubes and could do that for probably five to ten years more, so I have the opportunity to take my cut on the back side instead of up-front.  Do any successful models like this exist, or they tend to go like in Hollywood where there`s never any "net" left?
Please let me know what you think.  Will it fly or fall?  Should I continue to pursue this one or dig deep for something better?  If this seems good, what next? 

Comments

• Options
    spungeyspungey subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks Winston2,
    Could you please ask your friend to contact me?  (I`ll get you contact info in a message.)  I`ve looked at the ReNu stuff, and it seems interesting.  At one point I considered contacting them, but realized that I don`t know enough about their business model.  I think that if a person, family, or small group forms to generate clean power, they should get the bulk of the ROI.  I`m anxious to talk to someone who has a clue about ReNu`s model and can explain to me the true benefits of leasing equipment.