WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Anyone use Constant Contact?

ebootcampebootcamp subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Marketing
I just found the coolest tool that I wish I had found years ago. It`s a widget that allows you to enter subscriber info into constant contact from your desktop at any time, on the fly. You need to download Yahoo! Widgets and then get the Constant Contact widget from their list of widgets. Say that three times fast You can also have your weather, stocks, pics, etc. as other widgets - which is a nice added bonus. Let me know what you think!

Here`s the link for step by step instructions:

http://tinyurl.com/622xvm

I hope you enjoy!

Corey
blog: www.coreyperlman.com
twitter: www.twitter.com/coreyperlman

Comments

• GeorgeSmithGeorgeSmith subscriber Posts: 0
    i only used constant contact for some event invitations...but i was really satisfied with it personally.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    for those of you interested in email marketing, just wanted to draw your attention to our blog on that topic, provided by Vertical Response, who, like Constant Contact, is an email marketing solution provider:

http://www.startupnation.com/blogs/inde ... ing-offer/

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    I personally do not use Constant Contact, and encourage my clients to find an alternate solution to email campaign services. Constant Contact does not offer its customers the option of removing the Constant Contact logo from the bottom of the newsletter.

I think you`re nitpicking.

In the grand scheme of things, having the name of the e-mail service you`re using at the bottom of your newsletter isn`t really that big a deal.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/28/2009 9:36 AM
    Being "nitpicky" is what makes me good at what I do.

That`s good. I never said it was a bad thing.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/28/2009 9:27 AM
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I always recommend that my clients make use of Emma as an email marketing and communications tool.
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Being "nitpicky" is what makes me good at what I do.

I think that`s an excellent response - and a great way to do the best for your client!
  • HypnowHypnow subscriber Posts: 2
    I have to agree with David.  I don`t think a logo at the end of a newsletter is something people even notice.

What I don`t like about Constant Contact is that they, along with similar newsletter services, register as spam in a lot of my client`s email accounts.  

Is there a simple email newsletter service where I don`t have to worry about so many bouncing back, or winding up in spam folders?

Is there a simple email newsletter service where I don`t have to worry about so many bouncing back, or winding up in spam folders?

Lizette, I use  FeedBlitz  to deliver my blog updates to subscribers.  I haven`t received any complaints.

David jackson
    DavidJackson1/28/2009 10:30 AM
  • HypnowHypnow subscriber Posts: 2
    That`s great, but what if you`re looking for subscribers? 
    That`s great, but what if you`re looking for subscribers? 

If you want subscribers, you have to aggressively go and get them. Here are a few of the techniques I use:

1. Visit websites where your target audience hangs out. (Forums, social networking sites, etc.)

2. Give them something to subscribe to. (Newsletter, blog updates, etc.)

3. Give them convenient options of receiving your content. ( e-mail, RSS, My Yahoo, Twitter, etc.)

David Jackson
  • ebootcampebootcamp subscriber Posts: 3
    All good points here everyone. Let me know if anyone uses that Constant Contact widget feature I mentioned. Although it is awesome to be able to enter emails on the fly from your desktop, I`ve noticed some bugs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn`t. Interested in your feedback as well.

thanks!

corey

www.ebootcampbook.com

Available Wherever Books are Sold!
  • WispAwayWispAway subscriber Posts: 0

You can have the Constant Contact logo removed from your emails by calling them at 866.289.2101.  See the article in their FAQs under Answer ID 2192. Seems like this conversation has gone off on a tangent. I don`t use widgets because anyone can create some code, post it and have 1000`s download and install it.  Being a consultant and IT administrator to and for small businesses this goes against what I try to teach my customers and their employees regarding proper internet useage.  See Trojans. Previous posters obviously have something in this arena they are selling. Good for them. But it is what has led this thread astray.
    I`ll sign up today for IDEAS4.com (my main site), CityBarter.com and iSuffer.com as well and see how it goes. I like the friendliness of the site - it`s well done

Don`t sign up for the service just because someone  recommended it. Do your own due diligence, and check things out.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson3/31/2009 8:07 PM
    I just completed a customer satisfaction survey on e-mail marketing services. As expected, Constant Contact received extremely high marks. However, there are a few other services that did well also. I`ll be releasing the results of my survey this summer.

David Jackson
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    There are alternatives to paying services like constant contact. Instead install a mailing list/newsletter subscription script on your own website.

I`m doing this for one of my clients.  Can save a bunch of $$ over time.

~Roland