WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Microsoft Office Live

CaboBillCaboBill subscriber Posts: 13
What is everyone`s opinion on Microsoft Office Live as a starter web site?  Is it user friendly for someone that has next to no experience with HTML with the exception of copying and paste pre-written codes?  As some of you may know, I make Floribbean Apparel (kind of like Hawaiian, but since I live in Florida I call it Floribbean)  I will be using the site for info about the shirts, dresses, and board shorts that I make.  Not sure about selling them online because every shirt and dress is hand made and can take hours from start to finish.  I will also have a link to my Cafe Press site where I have t-shits and other apparel for men and women along with accessories for the home and office.
As always I look forward to everyone`s input and advice.
p.s.- you can see samples of my work in my profile.  The picture is my new wife and I after our beach wedding on Feb. 17, 2007 CaboBill2007-3-15 15:58:18

Comments

• CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
    I also am wondering about the features of Office Live. Just in case you were not aware, they are hosting an online demonstration this week during the Small Business Summit (the links to sign up are the banner ads featured on SuN currently). I am sure the demonstration will either encourage me or discourage me from moving forward with Office Live.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    the Office Live! session takes place right after our online speech is broadcast on friday morning. when you click over to the summit info from their banner, look for friday`s "startup day" agenda...rich
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

What is everyone`s opinion on Microsoft Office Live as a starter web site?  Is it user friendly for someone that has next to no experience with HTML with the exception of copying and paste pre-written codes?  As some of you may know, I make Floribbean Apparel (kind of like Hawaiian, but since I live in Florida I call it Floribbean)  I will be using the site for info about the shirts, dresses, and board shorts that I make.  Not sure about selling them online because every shirt and dress is hand made and can take hours from start to finish.  I will also have a link to my Cafe Press site where I have t-shits and other apparel for men and women along with accessories for the home and office.
    Hi,
    If you intend to sell your product online, it would be best to use a non-proprietary program - like Zen Cart or osCommerce.  Proprietary ecommerce solutions like Yahoo stores or other hosting connected programs not only limit some design features of a site but also are not transferable to another web host if you choose or need to change web hosts at some time.
    ~Roland