WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Wine anyone?

americanwineamericanwine subscriber Posts: 1
Just looking to see any wine lovers out there?

Comments

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
  • americanwineamericanwine subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi! Another oenophile?  What do you generally like? French? boutique?
    We just started our online biz and looking to see how to expand sales using this website? Any suggestions? Member special, perhaps? Thanks in advance!
  • HRobHRob subscriber Posts: 1
    I love wine...recently had some great Pinots from Oregon...anything out there you would point me to?
  • americanwineamericanwine subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi mate!
    We have fantastic pinots from Oregon! Check out our website: www.americanwines2u.com</A> for a perusal.
    Contact me for specials and recommends!
    Cheers!
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Welcome americanwine.  Your site looks like it has some great selections.Big wine lover here.  I live about 30-45 minutes from most of Oregon`s wineries and my sister lives 20 minutes from Napa so visits are a necessity.  Best wine/winery visitation experience I`ve ever had was at Clos Du Val near Napa. Frequent trips to Italy always involve a lot of great wine as well.  I actually prefer wines from France, Italy, Chile, Spain, Argentina and Australia to most U.S. offerings.  Not a Pinot fan at all - in fact, the vast majority of aged red wines make me VERY ill due to the combination of tannins and sulfites.  Don`t like California or Oregon chardonnays at all - but love those from foreign countries.  I do enjoy most white wines - especially viogniers, pinot gris/grigio and white bordeaux.However, in Italy, give me a "tommie tippee" cup of red wine at any time of the day and I`m perfectly content with no ill effects.  I do remember asking if 10:30 a.m. was too early to open a bottle while sitting by the pool at the villa we`d rented for a month.We usually have a good 8-10 cases of wine in our house at any given time - but with all our "wine slut" (a term of endearment) friends we go through it on a very regular basis.  It`s almost embarrassing when it comes to setting our bottles out to be recycled out on the curb each week!- J.
    I love wine...recently had some great Pinots from Oregon...anything out there you would point me to?My partner`s favorite Oregon Pinot is the Erath Pinot Noir Estate Selection.  He hides it in our basement so friends don`t find it when he has them get a bottle of wine during a party or dinner.  Erath makes incredible whites as well.- J.
  • HRobHRob subscriber Posts: 1

My partner`s favorite Oregon Pinot is the Erath Pinot Noir Estate Selection.  He hides it in our basement so friends don`t find it when he has them get a bottle of wine during a party or dinner.  Erath makes incredible whites as well.- J.
    Thank you so much for info on Erath...will definitely try it out!  And I love the term of endearment...have used that same one on several occasions.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Heather,
    Speaking of Oregon Pinot. Did a week trip through their wine country in 2004. Found Archery Summit Pinot. Absolutely the best we have tasted. Joined their club and have it shipped in every quarter as part of their member club. No bottle has disappointed. Not cheap - but worth every penny. Try some if you get a chance. Heaven in a bottle as far as Pinot Noir goes - IMHO.
    R@
    Speaking of Oregon Pinot. Did a week trip through their wine country in 2004. Found Archery Summit Pinot. Absolutely the best we have tasted. Joined their club and have it shipped in every quarter as part of their member club. No bottle has disappointed. Not cheap - but worth every penny. Try some if you get a chance. Heaven in a bottle as far as Pinot Noir goes - IMHO. Many people I know rave about Archery Summit - the winery is owned by friends of one of my clients and they`ve been trying to set up a dinner at the winery. for us  Not being able to drink the Pinots, I`ve not had their wines - but they gave me a 2000 Oregon Pinot Noir Premier Cuvee for my birthday. It will certainly be enjoyed by Ed and some friends in the near future.- J.